Sunday, January 24, 2021

Two Quilted Sections

What can I say?  Yaaay!  There was  sun today so I took the section that I finished quilting today AND the previous section outside for photos.  Of course  the breeze started once I was out there- isn't that just the way it goes?

Here are the two sections - one at a time.


Somehow I messed up...so the second photo is taken on the floor - not in the sunlight. 
You can see the tag on it reminding me where it fits in the quilt. 

I also took a few quilting close-ups. 



Yes, if you look you can find "mistakes" or as I prefer to say "the hand of the maker."
They are perfect in their imperfections, right Gail? 
The truth is, I had fun doing it and that is what matters. 
This creative fun helps maintain my mental health and attitude
during these interesting times in which we are living. 
As I told my niece on a video call today, 
We are survivors - it may be hard, but we can do it. 

I challenge you to "Create with your hands and find joy."


Until Next Time,  
Stay Creative 


Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

8 comments:

Julierose said...

Your "Quilting Hand" is looking really great--it goes so well with those hand dyed fabrics...
nice work hugs, Julierose

Frog Quilter said...

There are no mistakes in quilting, only creative features... I love the quilting.

Quilting Gail said...

Hi Gene,
YES!!! they are perfect in their imperfections! Consistently inconsistent! A great way to quilt!
AND they look fantastic!
Happy Quilting! :-)

Barbara said...

No mistakes in my view! No matter where you take photos, this is awesome!

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

"The hand of the maker" - LOVE that! We do peek through in whatever we create - and are perfectly imperfect - which is fine with me - ;))

Linda Swanekamp said...

It is the hand of artistry, not mechanical perfection. Colors look wonderful.

Jeanna said...

Your quilting is magnificent, Gene. I love the colors of your fabrics as well.

Sandra Walker said...

Wow, it's coming along wonderfully Gene! So important to do things that make us happy, add joy to the world, and keep us mentally okay. It can be overwhelming these days, just everything.