Sunday, December 27, 2020

Thoughts on Laughter and Gratitude -and me being silly

Be grateful for the things you use every day but would feel "lost" without. Simple but necessary things - like food, water, heating in this cold weather.

Remember to find something to celebrate every day. Look for humor, look for joy, look for a chance to laugh at yourself. Yes, I am serious. If you can laugh at yourself, the world seems less daunting. It makes you resilient against negative events.

So consider yourself, your attitudes, the things you do from outside yourself and see how funny you really are. Then don't get upset, LAUGH about it. Take yourself less seriously. You will live a longer and happier life.


I am hoping that the video below works. It is me playing autoharp and singing a totally silly song.  I heard the song in a virtual autoharp group and knew I needed to learn it. 



Until Next Time,  
Stay Creative and keep laughing!


Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

10 comments:

diane said...

We all need silliness in our lives and perhaps even more so these days.
It's great that you would share.

I love to sing and dang I can't carry a tune.
My dear hubby who passed recently didn't mind my singing around the house.
He said then he knew I was happy.

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

I LOVE it! And you sing and play well, too. I learned long ago how much fun it is to laugh at myself. Plus, there is always something funny to laugh about.

Barbara said...

Wow, you smile even when you are singing! Can’t keep that down, oh yeahhhh!

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

LOVE IT!! Totally silly song - but so FUN!! Thanks for sharing - ;))

JJ said...

You are spot on. There needs to be more joy in our lives.

Julierose said...

You are so right--and that is just what I loved about my Grand-mere--she was able to laugh at herself for whatever happened to her...
she taught me embroidery, knitting and sewing...and we had such fun times...whenever I made some kind of mistake she would laugh and say "that's ok we can fix that..." and right there my love of improv was born..I am so grateful to have had her in my early life...

Hugs Julierose

Vicki W said...

That's the very best advice.

Cherie in St Louis said...

Thank you! Your singing and playing are delightful :). And the silly song.....gave me an ear worm, lololol!

Edgar said...

Loved it!! ......and posum' is some good eatin"!!!

Kathleen said...

You are having fun! I love it.