Sunday, December 20, 2020

Pieces and More

Here are the pieces - the pieces for what I think are the last three blocks to make for this quilt.
Those blocks will go into some fun giant four patches on the way to becoming quilt panels. 
Here are the five blocks that will go with those three.  Just ignore the stained, well-used ironing surface. 
Here are all the larger pieces that I have put on the bed.  I keep doing this to be sure that I make the panels correctly and get the layout as planned. 

I have to say that I think this quilt will make me very happy in spite of the small imperfections. But I will not point those out to you.  Ha ha. 

What I will point out to you is this one piece of my hand-dyed fabric that I think is just amazing.  That is one of the joys of the way I dye fabric.  You never know exactly what will happen, but more often than not you get some lovely pieces to play with.   Just feast your eyes on this one. 

I hope you know that I am talking about that upper right square.  The yellow streaking into the fuschia while still maintaining a purity of yellow and yet also blending on the edges  just brings me joy.  And those white places where the fabric resisted the dye add a lovely surprise.  That entire piece makes me smile - so of course  I put it in this quilt that I intend to keep for my bed. 

I don't know if I will be posting again this year but just in case I don't I want to wish you a glorious holiday season, whatever you celebrate.   Merry Christmas, Happy Chanukah,  Happy ___Whatever___.  I am glad you are here. 
 




Until Next Time,  
Stay Creative 


Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

12 comments:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Your blocks and panels are BEAUTIFUL - and your hand-dyed fabrics are AWESOME!! I love the yellow and white patches on that one piece - happy surprises! I hope you have a VERY MERRY Christmas - and I'm glad you're here, too - ;))

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

P.S. And your Snowman is cute - ;))

Pamela Arbour said...

Your quilt is coming along nicely. And, you are almost done, quilting and all!. Your snowman is cute too.

Happy Holidays!

Julierose said...

I just love that hand dyed piece--you couldn't plan to get that lovely array--serendipity is wonderful!! I can see why it would make you happy...Beautiful work on this piece
Warm greetings from a cold landscape Julierose

Barbara said...

The batiks are awesome! The hand dye is as well!!! I love all your colors so much. I’m working slowly on some batik blocks myself, very slowly. You and Kitty are my inspiration and encouragement. I, as well, may not be back before next year. 😉 Not only am I slowing down and relaxing, but Comcast is up and down. Very annoying, but there’s no satisfaction in trying to deal with Comcast. Patience is the only answer. Happy holidays to you, Gene!

Frog Quilter said...

That bed quilt will be fabulous when finished. Love the piece of hand dyed fabric. Yellow always make me happy. Have a wonderful Christmas!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Merry Christmas! Love the snowman.

Quilting Gail said...

Your hand dyed fabric is lovely!!! almost (note: almost) makes me want to try it!

Merry Christmas you you and yours!

And Happy Quilting, Weaving, Creating! :-)

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Yes, your favorite pieces should always go in your own quilt. We must treat ourselves. Merry Christmas.

Barb said...

Have a Merry Christmas Gene!! I love love your dyed fabrics. This quilt makes me happy just looking at it. What imperfections????? Show me...haha. Take care and stay well.

Kathleen said...

I love that about dyed fabric...the surprises and delicacy of some of the designs that emerge. Merry Christmas to you and yours.

Vicki W said...

It's got a real beach vibe to it. You must have been channeling your Mexico memories for this one. Impove it.