Sunday, December 13, 2020

In Bits and Spurts

That is the way the quilt is made.  There are so many things that happen during a week that I can't just sit and sew.  So, the quilt is made in bits and spurts.  But there is no real deadline so it doesn't matter.  Between all the other things I have been doing this is how the quilt has progressed.  

There are two sections ready to be layered and quilted. 



There is one piece of fabric that is not actually hand-dyed - instead it is hand painted. 
The blue with mingled pink and yellow was painted using a technique I learned in the book "Sky Dyes"  by Mickey Lawler.   I love that piece and wanted to have it in a bed quilt so I can see it often. 

This photo shows the already quilted piece at the bottom with the other two pieces in place.  I put this sideways on the bed so that less was hanging off the sides.  The quilt will be more or less square - so it will hang off the sides and foot of my queen-size bed.

Meanwhile,  I realized that I need to make ten - yes TEN- more of the pieced blocks to have enough to finish the quilt.  Fortunately, I have plenty of fabric left.   When the next bit of time and spurt of energy comes along, I will work on those blocks. (unless of course I decide to quilt one or both of those sections.....)

Until Next Time,  
Stay Creative 


Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

6 comments:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

What you have so far looks GREAT!! Bit by bit - spurt by spurt - it will all come together - and make a wonderful quilt for your bed - ;))

Frog Quilter said...

I love this quilt. You just take your time and enjoy every moment. It’s the journey that is important!!!

Pamela Arbour said...

You are doing a great job with that. Love it. When I feel like I am not moving along fast enough, I think about how that ant moved that rubber tree plant! LOL

Julierose said...

What a lovely piece showcasing those lovely fabric squares--and I really like the pops of yellow..isn't it nice not to have any deadlines? I work best without them, bit by little bit,
enjoying the journey...hugs, Julierose

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

This time of year it's hard to find time to sew.

Quilting Gail said...

Bits and spurts is the same as slow and steady ... progress at every step of the way!
This is going to be a beautiful quilt!!! :-)
Happy Quilting! :-)