Wednesday, December 02, 2020

More quilting

The first section of the quilt is all quilted.   I did some more improv fun quilting.    The first is possibly my favorite part - so much so that I am showing you three different photos of it. 

 The second one shows it at an angle and also includes the border/sashing pattern on this section. 
The third one shows it from the back so you can see just the quilting on a solid background.  This is a variation on "Wild Quilting" from a class I took by Christina Cameli,  Her teaching style was a great way for me to learn. 

And here is one more bit that is one of my hand dyed fabric squares.  They are so fun to quilt on. 

This is mainly a branching teardrop shape. Some shapes are echoed while others are not.  But I did feel like I needed a few swirls in there also.  I am having a lot of fun doing these and deciding what design to play with next. 


Until Next Time,  
Stay Creative 


Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

9 comments:

Barbara said...

This wonderful FMQ leaves me wondering why anyone would send a quilt out for long-arm quilting. But sure, one has to be willing and talented enough to learn doing FMQ. Gene, I can’t imagine anything better than yours! Machine quilting is perfect, but then I think it looks somewhat manufactured. Yours scream “hand-made” in every wilted stitch!

Frog Quilter said...

Lovely!!! Looks like you are having fun!

Pamela Arbour said...

You really did a good job with your improv.

Vicki W said...

Fun quilting on a fun quilt!

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

What a beautiful job you are doing on that quilting. I am impressed!

Quilting Gail said...

Great quilting Gene!!!
My hubby came by as I was looking at your post ... he thought you were very good and did interesting quilting! He also thought you looked like a friend of ours! :-)
Happy Quilting! :-)

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Your FMQ is so FUN!! I love the improv - it adds so much more "interest" - ;))

Marie said...

Love your free motion, it is so much fun to do, so glad your enjoying this too!Have a bautiful Christmas. Many hugs,Marie

Barb said...

Oh my goodness....you make me want to break out from the norm.