Friday, December 11, 2020

Making an Early Christmas Present

As you know, I love weaving as much as quilt making.  My mom is always complaining that she is cold.  So I decided to pull out some fuzzy yarn and make a nice shawl for her.  I am saying it is her Christmas present since she told me "don't buy anything for me this year, because you know I can't get out to buy presents."    Thursday when I gave her the shawl, I said "This is your Christmas present.  I didn't buy anything - I made it from things I already had."  That seemed to satisfy her. 

Here are  pictures of the shawl. 



I hope she enjoys wearing this and that it keeps her snuggly warm. 



Until Next Time,  
Stay Creative 


Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

10 comments:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

It's lovely!! I'm sure she will enjoy wearing it and that it will keep her snuggly warm - ;))

Debbie said...

So perfect! I love it and know she will appreciate it. Having a shawl over the shoulders when sitting is so nice!!!!

Frog Quilter said...

Such a sweet thoughtful gift. You are a good son!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

That shawl is so much nicer than anything you could have bought for your mom. I'm sure she will love it.

diane said...

Oh Gene that is the best present any mother would want from their son.
Something home made is always beautiful.


Linda Swanekamp said...

Love the colors and texture. It is a nice artpiece also. Just looks cozy.

Quilting Gail said...

You are a wonderful son!!!
Your mom now has a beautiful shawl to keep her warm!

Barbara said...

It’s beautiful! So clever to find a way to give her a Christmas gift.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Nice. Hand made is better than store bought.

Kathleen said...

That is a beautiful shawl. I am sure it will be loved.