Sunday, December 06, 2020

Quilt Making Update

My latest quilt is now almost 1/4 done.  Since I am making it in sections that will get joined together I have one fourth completed - except the binding.   
But this is all quilted and looking good, in my opinion.
This is the first two quilted sections joined together.  Once I get the other there sections quilted and joined, I will have a quilt that measures roughly 78 inches square. 

I love the play of the hand-dyed fabrics against the pieced blocks.  I am just playing when I quilt the sections.  They will all be different although some designs will probably be repeated. 

I am not rushing through this, but rather taking my time and enjoying the process. And I am doing various other projects and fun things also.  That said, this will probably not get finished in 2020.  But who knows?  A sudden "spurt of energy" could change that. 

Until Next Time,  
Stay Creative 


Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

9 comments:

Debbie said...

Looks great! Your divide and conquer on this big project makes it more manageable. I have done it and it makes life much more fun!

Barbara said...

Love it, and especially your stellar FMQ. Pretty amazing!

Angie said...

I love all the colors in your blocks. Your quilt is looking so awesome! Enjoy your day! 🎶🦋

Sandra Walker said...

You are spot on about loving the play of the hand dyes against the prints, and just playing is always good.

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Enjoying the process - that's my favorite part - ;))

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

It looks good! And it does help to have other creative outlets to keep us busy, doesn't it!

Lisa Lisa said...

Looks great, Gene! It’s good to not have a deadline so you can enjoy the process and not rush.

Vicki W said...

It's looking great!

Kathleen said...

Enjoying the process is the way to go! A spurt of energy is a beautiful thing, but relaxing into the sewing is even more fun!