Saturday, December 12, 2009

Bucket List for Quilters

I was reading comments on another blog and someone mentioned that a ginger jar quilt is on her "list."  That got me to thinking.  I know that I have a mental list of quilts or types of quilts I want to make.
I have designed several quilts that I want to make.  I also want to write up the patterns for them and put them in my Etsy and/or ArtFire shops.

 Then, maybe, just maybe, I can get to attend Quilt Market and become known.  That could help me in my quest to become a PAID fabric designer.  I would love to see the "Gene Black - Visions of Color" fabric line ( hey, a guy can dream can't he!)

Oh, I have digressed.  Now about that quilt bucket list, what quilts do you have on your list?

Mine?  You say I should 'fess up?   okay here goes...
An art quilt taking my painting "Transcend" and re-creating it.

Transcend




 A yo-yo quilt --in progress but a long time till finished. Here are a few pieces of it.

What else?  Gee, I am not going to post all the those pictures I exported of designs in Electric Quilt.  Just know that there are plenty of them.

So what quilt tops your "bucket list" of quilting?

9 comments:

ooglebloops said...

I would love to do a Mariner's Compass - but I know that will probably NEVER happen!! I don't have the patience to match all those points!!! But, it's still on my list!! Along with publishing my applique patterns.............

Pat said...

I'd love to do a wonderful Baltimore Album quilt, but since I am not comfortable with applique, I guess that's not realistic. I think I just would like to make bed-sized quilts for all the beds in my house....and so far, I've not made ANY. (It's the problem with getting large pieces quilted...I can't do it and it's so costly to pay the longarmers in this are to do them....so they may never get made!) I, too, would like to publish something...a quilting book...and have discussed it with another gal and we are rolling a few ideas around in our heads. So...we shall see if that ever comes to pass. Maybe we can be famous at the same time?? hehehe

Anonymous said...

Wow, such wonderful quilt-making goals -- even designing and publishing! I don't know why, but I don't think I have a bucket list. I just seem to go with the flow as ideas come, and I never know what my next obsession will be until it happens.

Barb said...

There is not enough space on this computer for me to list everything I want to do...

Unknown said...

I would like to learn to make yo yo's. lol and I would like to write a pattern for one of my design's someone has asked for. I just have no idea where to even start on the pattern....or the yo yo's.

Betsy said...

Gene I wish you much success in your dream to become a fabric designer. If you look at some designer blogs some of them have become famous by making old patterns new with a tweak here and there (Honestly some look the same to me)and using new fabric. You create beautiful original designs so I do not see a problem for you.

Greg said...

My bucket list includes:

My Batik project... We keep adding to it.

My 'spool' quilt...400 4 1/2 inch CURVED pieces (not a straight seem in the darn thing)

LINDA BYLSMA said...

I just spent the evening tagging projects in my quilters magazines and quilting books. I'm going to make them all!!! Wow, but it is so exciting to have a nice new machine that sews smoothly and doesn't make me look like a beginner. I love it.

Lindi said...

Oh you have to do "Transcend"! It would look fantastic.
Hope you do get to design fabric lines one day. I know I'd buy them - I love most of your work.

Bucket list: A quilt based on Maru blocks and also a Twisted Bargello quilt. I also have an inkling of an idea for a chopped up rainforest meets the sea quilt. I've been collecting fabrics for it for a few years, but haven't worked it all out in my head yet.