Thursday, December 17, 2009

Treat Day.

The treat day pictures are below.  These are what was left when I realized I needed to make pictures.  The first is the chocolate cookies I made. That plate was full of cookies except for the three stacks of Ghirardelli squares I added to it.  The cookies are so easy.
Cake mix, 1/2 cup butter (one stick) and two eggs.  Blend with a pastry blender till mixed. Roll into quarter sized balls and bake at 350 or ten minutes on an ungreased cookie sheet. (I used parchment paper under mine!) They were the HIT of the day.


More sweets

"nuts and bolts" Chex mix

Chocolate cheese ball with mini nilla wafers.  (the chocolate cheese stuff was great on my cookies!)

Meat balls.

There was also some cheese/rotel dip.  and some spinach dip and corn chips and crackers....
I ate too much! (and my blood sugar was pretty bad at one point...but it is normal again now. ) Sometimes you just gotta eat "bad stuff" cause it is so good.

10 comments:

Pat said...

Oh......I wish I could have tasted some of those treats, too!

Anonymous said...

Yummy.....;)

Barb said...

Yummy!!!

Unknown said...

yum..I enjoyed days like that at work and then hated it when I ate too much and was miserable all day..

Tangos Treasures said...

Looks yummy:)
Your recipe sounds easy enough, might have to try them!

Unknown said...

They all look so yummy! I never have heard of a chocolate cheese ball. Anything that has chocolate in it can't be bad.

Anonymous said...

I love that "turn a cake mix into cookies" recipe. I do it quite often, and they are good!

ooglebloops said...

Hmm- a cake recipe turned to cookies - sounds yummy!!! I just finished making some pizzelles for my daughter to take to a party - going back to the kitchen to make more!!!

Rhonda said...

Gene, you're killing me! All those yummy things to eat....especially the COOKIES!!!! I love cookies.

Kaye said...

everything looks so yummy, great job.Thanks for your concern about our travels in the snow