Saturday, December 05, 2009

What do you get when...

What do you get when a Jelly Roll and a Honey Bun get together?

If you have been following closely, you know that I got my first Honey Bun this week.  I took some strips from the Moda Neptune Honey Bun (4) and added some strips from the Moda Love is in the Air Jelly Roll (4) and got this!


Strip set and sewn blocks (no they aren't square!)

Neptune is by Tula Pink and Love is in the Air is by Deb Strain.  I wonder if they have ever met and if they are friends.  Let me tell you, I think they play nicely together. Don't you?

After sewing the strip set, I cut some four inch strips and some 2 inch strips.  I alternated them and of course turned the 2 inchers end for end.  Sewed them back together for a fun but easy design. I will have to cut something to make the "squares" square. But I am visiting and only have my 4x18 ruler with me so I will do that when I am at home.

17 comments:

Nat Palaskas said...

They look cool together. It will be an awesome quilt. Enjoy visiting - Hugs Natima

Anonymous said...

Very nice Gene. I like it a lot!!

Tangos Treasures said...

That looks great!

Sarah said...

Ooooh I like what you did with those fabrics! I am thinking about how that would look in batiks.

Unknown said...

very purty.....they do play nicely together. keep an eye on them though, be sure they don't start fighting or anything.

ooglebloops said...

I love the contrast of colors - it's gonna be nice!!! Pardon my ignorance - but what is the difference between a jelly roll and a honey bun??

Pat said...

Fun placemats could be easily made doing that, also. I usually hate to make placemats as I don't like making 4 of the same thing, but this way, I think it would move along quickly enough that I'd not get bored with it. GREAT idea! Your blocks look very nice so far.

julia said...

Very nice design!

Anonymous said...

You get a fabulous original creation!

Needled Mom said...

It came out awesome. I think it is even better than I imagined.

lesthook said...

Those look great! I really love the pink fabric.

andsewon said...

Now that is cool!! Like it a lot.
Look forward to seeing your finish.

Barb said...

I think they are playing very nicely together.

quiltmom anna said...

The combo is fabulous Gene- It is going to be another wonderful quilt. There are some many terrific fabrics to choose from these days. Happy quilting,
Regards,
Anna

Joanne Lendaro said...

Cool! Can't wait to see the finished project!

Dana - Old Red Barn Co. said...

LOVE that!

Kaye said...

The colors match so well, that's your artist's eye