Wednesday, December 09, 2009

Just a little block


I am starting a new purse for the Nana.  She said that she wants one just like the last one..but the strap should be longer.

Luckily, I measured the last purse so I know what size to aim for.
Sadly, like most of my work, I made it up as I went. OOPS, how will I make it the same? Fact is, I probably won't.
She loved the brown/tan mottled fabric as the main part of the bag, so I am repeating it. The previous had  a paper pieced tulip block on point on the front of it. I may set this on point but I am not sure yet.  I love the hand dyed fabrics in this block. hmmm. Compared to the other one, this may be a little "loud."   She did mention that she liked the muted colors on the first one.
Just so you can see it, here is the older one.
Tulip Purse

9 comments:

Barb said...

I love those fabrics you are using for the new one....

Pat said...

Nana is one lucky lady!!!

Unknown said...

Nana will be rocking the new purse, I love the old one. Did you know you won ANOTHER giveaway? Over at Reb-Net's blog. I won the gingerbread and you won the chickens. GO US!

Anonymous said...

She will love the colors. Contrast is good!

Anonymous said...

Nana got lucky when she got you....and those good looking bags.

Micki said...

The colours that you chose are wonderful! The original bag is just stunning!
Micki

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Hi Gene...love those 'loud' colours...very jewel like...I think the Nana might be very happy with them!!!

The Other Barb said...

I like the first bag myself but... the colors in the new one are stunning. Waiting to see the finished product!

Em said...

Gene, I hope that she enjoyed the bag because it is a wonky treasure! I love your pizzaz!