Saturday, December 05, 2009

Snow in Alabama and another Surprise

We had heard it forecast, but in Alabama we never believe in snow till we see it. This morning I  immediately went to look out and see.  It was still dark then, but I turned on the deck light to see. SNOW!  Okay so I am not really that excited. I spent two years in Ohio, I have had my share of snow. Now that it is nice and light, although still overcast, I took a picture to show you. We have about an inch according to "Mr. Weatherman" See the snow.




In other news, I got a faithful follower prize from   Pat   for commenting on every post she posted for a period of time. I didn't even know she was counting. I wasn't!  She sent fabric (to feed my fabric-a-holic  disease!)  A fun little trivia book on Country music. i confess that I have looked at it a bit and know way too many of those answers. You see my mother's family play country music and I grew up listening to it. AND a darling little quilt related magnet. It  says " Any day spent quilting is a good day"
I absolutely love all the fabrics. I mean, just look a BIG print butterfly fabric, striped fabrics in vivid colors, a nice abstract in blue tones with green and black, and lovely HOT peppers on black.
THANKS PAT.  I can see me using every bit of this prize pack.   Color me Vividly happy.


12 comments:

sewfunquilts said...

Great picture of the snow, and congrats. on your winning!

Tangos Treasures said...

LOL keep the snow by you!!
Nice prizes from a great lady!!

julia said...

We got some of that snow in SE TN too. Love it!!! I really loved it when I was teaching and we got a snow day!!!
Great fabric!

Pat said...

I'm glad you are happy with the fabrics...one is a fabric you liked when I first showed it on my blog....so I kept that piece aside for you all this time! Enjoy your snow and don't sent it here, either!!! LOL

^A^ngel said...

It's a bit chilly here in WA but it hasn't pass the frost stage (u can see it in my photography blog www.milenteyyo.blogspot.com)...and...that's GOOD!

MUY BUENO...LOL

Cute fabrics!! Enjoy your prize!!

Besos,

^A^ngel

Barb said...

Think we will get snow in Samoa?

Love your gifties

Rhonda said...

Congrats Gene!
It snowed here yesterday but it melted just as fast!!!

Petit Design Co. said...

we got squat at my house. But we did drive to bass por-shops today and my kids were looking longingly at the dusting left on the trees. (I lived in UT for a couple of years so hubby and I were definitely not excited by a light dusting!)

Anonymous said...

Perfect fabrics for you -- so colorful! Snowing in South Jersey...sorry Pat, think you have it too.

Unknown said...

we too got the snow, woohoo......love your fabrics.

Greg said...

You got snow and we didn't, yet. Always nice to get a squishy inthe mail isn't it? Those are really cool fabrics, now lets see what you do with them...

Vesuviusmama said...

Congrats on the surprise mail - isn't that the best!