Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Quiet on the Alabama Front

I can tell that I have been too quiet.  I am getting emails asking if I am okay.  (guilty errr caring parties know who they are!)  I am doing fine.  I have mostly recuperated from my nasty old cold.  I am just taking it easy for a few extra days.   This weekend we are going to visit The Nana at the beach.  I am hoping the warm ocean air will be a complete restorative to both my body and my creative soul. 


As for projects on the back burner, I am shocked at myself.  I found one quilt folded neatly.  This quilt is a special memory quilt for me.  I realized that it has been waiting patiently since January of 2010 for a binding.  That is a priority on my list. 
Wanna see it?  Okay.  Some of you will remember it for the simple reason that you made a block for it. 
It is layered, quilted and looking absolutely wonderful.  But it needs a binding.  I will go to the stash and see what I can find.  I am planning to cut bias binding like Pat Wys showed Pat C. and I on our Atlanta outing.  I have a folded paper towel (from the restaurant) with instructions on it.  I hope  I can remember the details. Ha ha. 
I have the Trip Around the World piece that I made, the Convergence Quilt, and The Kaleidoscope block all waiting to be made into finished products also.  
Oh and then there is this that most of you have not seen yet. I have started a fusible applique piece for my niece. 



I also have a million ideas and plans to make quilts.  Where will I find the time???  If you happen to find a big stash of "extra hours in the day" please consider sharing them with me. 
Thanks!

12 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the rose and the Siggy quilt? Is that what it is. So bright and cheery.

Barb said...

That applique flower is sooooooooooooooooo awesome. Have fun at the beach....

Pat said...

Your niece will love that rose!!! I came across my folded paper towel "lesson" for cutting bias binding just the other day. I figure you and I can muddle through it together....LOL. If not, we'll have to call Pat and have a conference call with our folded paper towels in front of us!!! I knew you were doing okay (even though you didn't post here) since I'd seen you commenting on a few other blogs in recent days. Enjoy your weekend at the beach!

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

The rose is stunning!!!! Your niece will love it. I'm glad to hear you are feeling better and hope you enjoy your weekend at the beach. Oh, and the signature quilt is wonderful!

quiltingnana said...

glad to see you are back...your projects are coming along

Petit Design Co. said...

loving the fusible applique rose. have fun at the beach! lucky you

Anonymous said...

I love your fusible applique piece, it's beautiful! Be sure to post a photo when it's done.

Royce said...

Oh your sig quilt turned out great. I'm ashamed to admit mine is still in a pile. I just didn't know what to do will all the different colors/patterns. Your is very nice. I was going to put solid black as my sashing glad I didn't. Love all the color and the way you broke it up. Excellent.

ooglebloops said...

Love all your works in progress.You are the king of color!!!
BTW, there is a quilt exhibit at the quilt museum in town - kaleidoscope quilts - and there is a Ricky Tims(?) in the exhibit. I hope to go and will post pix (if we are allowed to take photos!!)

Melissa ;-) said...

Gene, you absolutely nailed that rose! I love it and it is going to be a great gift!

Micki said...

You see...you do applique and I love it. The rose is so pretty!
Micki

Victoria Findlay Wolfe said...

love your flower for your niece! beautiful! and if you find those extra hours, let me know!