Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Back Again!!!

Today was excellent. I woke up with far less pain.  I was able to move much more freely.   My stitches have been removed and I got good news from the lab work. I am feeling great. 


So great, in fact, that I got in the groove again. Yes! I cut some fabric pieces and worked on my seriously delayed commission project. The back of the second half of the quilt is pieced.  Here is a not so great photograph of it. 
It is wider that this looks, but the rest is just the yellow fabric. I used some leftover pieces from the front of the quilt in this. It will go with this half:


to make a very colorful, non-traditional backing for this quilt:

I can hardly wait to get it finished. Of course I have no idea what I will be binding it with.  
Do you have some color suggestions for the binding?  Please feel free to speak up.  I need to be ready so I can get this baby shipped to the one who placed the commission - hopefully in time for her granddaughter's birthday. 

11 comments:

Tangos Treasures said...

Glad to hear your feeling better!!! Quilt is looking great!!

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

So glad you are feeling better and the lab results were GOOD!
How about a scrappy binding?

Unknown said...

YAY! So glad you are feeling better and that good news came from the lab. Also glad you are back to work on this gorgeous quilt. I've missed seeing it!

Barbara said...

Good news, Gene. You've taken a few hits lately, time to stay well. The quilt is perfect! Lots of colors and all of them playing off each other so well. I always like darker bindings, and think I'd try using the purple. It's a busy enough quilt, so I think I'd keep the binding all one color. Have fun!

quiltmom anna said...

What a strippy border of different fabrics in the quilt. It can be fun to have a bunch of different colored strips for the edge. My other choice would be to make it the color of the last border to finish it.
Have fun and glad to see you are feeling better.
Regards,
Anna

limpingalong said...

Glad to hear you are feeling much better. I like the quilt -- especially the back. Makes it more interesting. Also enjoyed seeing the Jelly Roll quilt you posted -- I've started my first one. Using some odds and ends of fabric (not a jelly roll)that didn't seem to be useful anywhere else. It will be interesting. I'm generally not a random person so it is interesting to see myself putting all these different fabrics together without too much regard for a "plan."

IHaveANotion ~ Kelly Jackson said...

Oh Gene I'm so glad to hear you are feeling better. That is wonderful. AND you are stitching again....now I know you are feeling much better.

Bind it in a stripe or polkadot...what the heck :)

Kelly

Royce said...

So very glad you are better and got good news. I love the quilt and the back is so modern - love it.

SewCalGal said...

I'm really so very happy to hear the lab results were good and your healing well. Hope you'll be feeling 100% very soon. Sounds like you are off & running (just don't run too much).

Beautiful projects.

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

Sarah said...

YAY for feeling better!

Miss Hillbilly said...

Glad that you are feeling better. Nothing like a little batik fabric to help. LOL