Thursday, July 14, 2011

Top o' the mornin'

Top o' the mornin' to ya!  Okay so I don't feel great.  But at least I still have my sense of humor (warped as it is.) 


I am still not able to really do any sewing.  My machine sits just a bit too high for me to use my right arm without stretching the incision site. (and boy do I hate that!)  Now I realize that I need an adjustable height table for it. If I could lower it 8 inches, I could sew (and probably bang my knees!) I suppose I could pad my knees! ha ha. 


So anyway, this morning I was thinking I wish I had something to post that you haven't already seen.  I was reading another blog and saw a variation on the "jelly roll race" top.   I remembered that I did one of these.   I do not love the way it turned out, but it will get used.       
 ignore the crappy one-armed photo - I did the best I could
I realize that one of the things I don't like is the "matchy matchy-ness" of this jelly roll.  I would like some extra colors in it. I may chop this into some larger squares and add some colored sashing in it. LOL. I have a little princess who would love it but it would need some purple to go with the pink. She told me in no uncertain terms that her favorite colors are PINK and PURPLE! And since I wasn't quilting when she was a teeny baby, hopefully I can finish this before her fourth birthday and give her a big girl quilt. 
(c'mon incision, heal I need to get to sewing!) 

11 comments:

Barb said...

Hopefully, you will heal soon so you can get at that machine...it is probably whimpering as we speak!!

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

I'm sure your machine misses you as much as you miss using it. The jelly roll quilt looks like it is the perfect gift for the 4 year old that like pink.

Melissa ;-) said...

I think it looks good as is, Gene, but I can understand the absolute need for purple!! I think cutting it up is a great idea. I'll have to remember that next time I make one that doesn't quite ring my bell!

Barbara said...

Those are my 4 yr. old grand-daughter's favorite colors too! I can so see this piece with added purple.

Jackie's Stitches said...

Nothing wrong at all with a warped sense of humor! I hope you're feeling much better soon. I know the "resting" part of recovery must be a real challenge.

Rhonda said...

Gene, I'm sending you some healing energy..... can you feel it flowing towards you..... ;-]

Kate said...

I'm not a lover of pink but I do like the pieced top you made. The purple would add even more happy fabricness!!!
Get well soon!
We're all rooting for you and keeping you in our thoughts and prayers.
Kate
Shetland Isles

Royce said...

Sure hope you get back to normal soon. Not being able to do creative stuff is a drag.

sewfunquilts said...

I'm sure your machine is missing you too! Hope you get back to sewing soon. I think that's a great idea about adding the purple or cutting into blocks than add the purple.

Pat said...

Good idea! Hope you feel up to sewing soon.

Sarah said...

I'm sorry you have to be out of commission for a while. Just take some time off and be lazy- who know s when you'll have time to do it again!