Saturday, July 30, 2011

Loveliness In my Mailbox

The internet can be a "scary" place, but it can also bring people together that would never have met otherwise.  Perhaps you recall that I went to Atlanta and met the two Pats - one from Atlanta and one from Delaware.  We had a lovely time. 


I have developed many friendships of various levels.  With my blog and internet friends, I have laughed and cried.  I have shared in joy, sorrow and jest. So even though it was a surprise that one of my friends sent me a lovely box (and prefers to remain anonymous) it was not out of character for a friend to do such a thing. I must say that it cheered me up-made me smile and gave me new inspiration. 
Just look at this:
Besides the lovely box, there are some goodies I have never tried in there.  There is an air-erase fabric marker, flower head pins (which I have kept forgetting to buy), a Fons & Porter glue stick, a package of Wonder Clips, Ashby's of London chamomile tea (delicious by the way) and some Blooms titanium scissors by Wescott.  Okay, so I have tried scissors - but these have a lanyard and cover, so you can slip them in the cover and hang them around your neck.  I did a little hand sewing today (yeah - shocking isn't it) and I never lost my scissors because they were hanging around my neck.  I love them! There is also some Heat and Bond Lite in there. That will certainly get used!  Then there was a sweet and lovely card with a written sentiment that I will cherish.  Thank you - you know who you are!

Then a FaceBook friend Sherry, posted that she had a AccuQuilt GO! die that she had used for an experiment with her AccuQuilt Studio cutter.  She was done with it and wanted to give it a new home. (lucky me!)  I spoke up-and I suppose I was the only one- and got it.  It came out of the package like this:

Okay, the ribbon was neatly tied around the cloth covered die.
Oh, I should tell you that it is an Isosceles Triangle die.   

There were also some fun Adornments fibers in with it. 

What a delightful mail day it was!  Now I confess that I don't have a plan for those Adornments yet..but I am sure I can make something for the two princesses, don't you think?  Thanks so much, Sherry. 

Friends are a delight without any presents received. The gift of friendship is the best gift.  But, like a child I rejoice in surprises.  I hope you find a delightful surprise coming to you someday soon. 
Peace be with you, 

6 comments:

Pat said...

YAY for good mails days and great internet friends!!! Enjoy your goodies! (And what in the world were you hand-sewing?? LOL)

Gene Black said...

I had to hand sew the edges of the label on the quilt. I fused it down but since I turned the edges under they didn't stick. LOL. Next time I will iron the edges of the patch under BEFORE I apply the fusible...but I will probably still stitch it down.

Tangos Treasures said...

Awesome for you!!

ooglebloops said...

Love those happy mail days!! You had a great one!!!

Barb said...

Bloggers are just awesome, glad you got these goodeis to brighten up your day....and I can only guess at who sent your that fabulou package and she is awesome!

Miss Hillbilly said...

Aw, Gene, you deserved some surprises! Those are great ones!