Friday, January 20, 2012

Machine Embroidery

Hi everyone.
I had an adventure in education today.  I attended a Floriani Embroidery perfection tour.  I expected to be so ready to start some projects after the class that I could hardly wait.  However, I got information overload and can't even decide on a project. Ha ha.
The class was excellent.  I learned more about embroidery supplies than I ever imagined. I also learned that there is a LOT that I haven't even started to learn yet.
For attending the class, we got a great take home box of goodies.  Just look!
There are samples of stabilizers, ten spools of embroidery thread (which can also be used for free motion quilting - just so you know), an educational DVD on stabilizer solutions, four discs of embroidery designs, a project DVD with several projects on it, thread color charts, and some reference sheets.

I also bought the show bundle for quilters.  It has some great products in it. I will tell you about them as I start using them.
Now, what do I use first?  Whew, my head is spinning with ideas - I am afraid I didn't take enough notes. LOL.  I guess I just need some quiet time to let the ideas solidify and then I will be off and running.

Stay tuned.

9 comments:

Rhonda said...

I see you had load of fun and walked away with some "goodies!"

Pat said...

Oh, Gene......I've often wished we lived nearer to each other and now I am wishing that again...so you could help me muddle through the Bernina embroidery machine that was donated to my church (and that I've been asked to learn). I'm glad you had such a nice class and will look forward to hearing about more as you do some projects with your newfound knowledge!

limpingalong said...

Sounds like fun -- we will be excited to see what you make!

Barb said...

Oh wow...now my mind is reeling......there is so much to learn and know....I wish I could take a class but as always, it is self learning time and even with that, I am loving it. Do keep us informed....

Amy said...

I know that feeling after taking a class. So glad you got to attend. Looking forward to reading about what you've learned after you've had some quiet time.

Tangos Treasures said...

Cool!! Hope u settle on one soon so u can show us!!

Cyndi said...

Looks like you had a full, but fun, day...and got to take home lots of goodies, too! I am sure that you will figure it all out, and once you do, we'll all be here waiting to see what you make first! :o) Enjoy!!

XOXO,

Cyndi

KatieQ said...

I am so jealous. I have always wanted to take a Floriani embroidery class.

Denise :) said...

Wow, Gene -- it's like you hit the motherload with this class! My daughter is trying to talk me into purchasing an embroidery machine. Perhaps I'll pay close attention to what you do with all this great information and it will help me make a decison! Glad you had a good class! :)