Saturday, January 07, 2012

Ooooh a new Book on Quilting

In the next few days (hopefully this weekend) I will be reviewing a book that I got.  The book was a gift from the author, Marguerita McManus.  The book is Finish Almost Any Quilt.


This book shows the method I use for Quilt As You Go. It is very versatile.  I was thrilled when I emailed a thank you to Ms. McManus and she told me that I was a part of the inspiration for the book.   I have done a preliminary read through of the book.  I will be going through the book again before I do my review. 
If you want to know "how Gene does it" AND how to quilt your own quilts, this is The Book. (you can do a king size quilt or even BIGGER this way.)


I hope you are as excited about this as I am. I love that she covered every aspect I would have wanted to tell you.  I do suggest going through the entire book before jumping into quilting your quilt.  (patience my dear, you may find a tip that makes life easier, or an alternate way to do it.)
Review as soon as I can get to it. I promise!

9 comments:

IHaveANotion ~ Kelly Jackson said...

I'm looking forward to reading your review. Books are wonderful...I have no idea why people want them digitally...I'll always want my paper books :)

Smiles,
Kelly

Pat said...

I'll be anxious to hear your objective review of this, Gene!

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Several people have had good tutorials on this, but somehow my brain has still not grasp quilt as you go. I'm waiting for your review!

Rhonda said...

This is exciting Gene. Can't wait to hear your take on the book!

Barb said...

What a compliment to you Gene....this is awesome!

Snoodles said...

How exciting! I am looking forward to your review...I have never quite gotten my little head to understand the process, so I want to learn more!

Cyndi said...

I agree with Barb! And I can't wait to read your review!

XOXO,

Cyndi

Janette said...

This looks like just what I have been waiting for but it is only available for Kindle on Amazon.co.uk so I might have to order from the US

Jazzy said...

I enjoy reading your blog and when I saw this book, I knew it was made for me. I have a lot of quilt tops that need to be finished, but alas I need to have a simpler way.
A giveaway would be perfect!