Monday, January 23, 2012

Mea Culpa -Sorry Floriani

In case you don't know, Mea culpa is Latin for "my mistake."   When I posted about the free embroidery designs from Floriani not being usable, I was simply wrong.  I made a mistake in the installation of the CDs.  


It seems that the files are compressed somehow and you don't see them. I looked using Windows explorer AND Mac Finder, but didn't see the files.  When you install the software there is a little thing that asks about file type but defaults to cs2- which is a Floriani working file. When I tried it again, I saw the dialogue box that I obviously just didn't see before and was able to get the files in the format my machine uses.


I feel like a dunderhead (whatever that is!) 


Meanwhile, I did a couple of stitch outs late Saturday that I put on Flickr, but didn't blog.  These pics are slightly blurry (again - my fault) 
The center and outer hearts came programmed in my machine, but the one between (the thicker gold) was digitized by Majorie at Marjorie's Quilting Bee.


 Marjorie also digitized the interior heart and the word 'dream' on this one. The outer scalloped border came programmed in my machine.  
I love combining the designs.  Marjorie does a great job. The heart shapes match the size of the AccuQuilt GO! hearts small die cut.  I will be doing some applique with this later. 



6 comments:

Rhonda said...

So happy it all worked out!

Pat said...

I'm glad you figured it out...it really didn't make sense that they'd send you home with "stuff" that was unusable!!! Nice hearts, too!

Denise :) said...

Your first heart is so decorative ... it almost looks beaded, I love it! Glad the Floriani files worked out! :)

Snoodles said...

Hey, no worries, as my geeky daughter tells me, "We can't all be IT professionals!" I'm just glad that it worked out for you! Gorgeous heart...really like it with the text inside. :)

Marjorie said...

Love the way you combined the designs. They look as if they were meant to be together from the start.

Gene Black said...

Thanks Marjorie!