Sunday, February 12, 2012

Eye-llusion - part of an EQ weekend

I suppose that this is an Electric Quilt or EQ weekend for me.  I have done a lot of sitting at the computer drafting blocks in EQ.
Over at Frog Quilter I have been watching as eye fooler  blocks have been made.  I love an optical illusion but I didn't love all the piecing that she has in one block.  So, open EQ and see if we can simplify.  (Thoreau said "Simplify, simplify" - and sometimes simple is better! or at least easier, heehee.)
I took out the flying geese, the four patches AND  the corner half square triangles.

I made this a whomping big 15" finished block. Each section is 3" finished.  (I did this because I have the "triangle in a square" die for my GO! cutter and the 3"  half square triangle die)

Thus, the digital sample shown here would make a 60" by 75" top not counting the borders. With borders as shown (1" inner, 2" outer) it would come to 66" by 81".   I am sure I won't be making one that big anytime soon unless it is a commission!
Eye-llusion
I call this quilt Eye-llusion. If you make one, I would love to see it.
If anyone from the Electric Quilt company sees this and feels generous, I would love a copy of EQ7 to replace my old EQ5.


6 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I like this quilt pattern Gene.

sewfunquilts said...

Very pretty.

Pat said...

That is great and I think I could make a block of that with the GO dies I have. (Of course the "eye-lusion" won't show up with just one block. Hmmmmm........can't really justify jumping into another project right now, but I do very much like this one and the colors are SUPER!!!

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Wonderful design Gene, and I love the colors. Great job!

Unknown said...

Oh, I love this design! I don't have EQ, YET! It's on my "wish list," though!!! :o)

Linda E in NM said...

Very cool, Gene