Sunday, February 26, 2012

Machine Embroidery - New Machine

Last weekend  I wandered into a fabric store on a whim.  I noticed on the door "Authorized Brother Dealer."
I looked at one machine and the store owner started talking to me. (I have been wanting a larger embroidery machine for quite a while.)  So I asked a price on it. Not too bad, I thought.  Then she said "The real deal that I have right now is that  Innov-ís 5000. The company had a different machine for sale and ran out  of them in the warehouse.  So they gave me some of this one to sell.  I have two left."  She told me the price.  Yikes!  that is half of the normal selling price.  Oh, wait.  I have a bid on an embroidery machine on eBay. If I win it, I can't afford this one. (well okay I really couldn't afford it anyway- but I wanted it!)  So I told her I would call back if I didn't win.  Confession: I have NEVER been SO HAPPY to see "you have been outbid."  Of course it was night and she was closed. I called when she opened the next morning and said "Put my name on it!"  Then I had to wait almost a week until I could travel back to buy it.  Ha!  I took off early Friday because I couldn't wait any more.
This machine is pretty interesting. It has a threader like I have never seen. You put the thread into the path, it has a cutter that trims it. You push a button and it threads it perfectly every time.
Well why am I typing this?  Watch here.



Pretty amazing huh?  But the work I can turn out with it is even more amazing to me.  You saw some of it yesterday (I hope.)  I absolutely love it.  If I can ever take the embroidery arm off long enough, I want to try the sewing features. It has an automatic height adjuster (AHA) that senses the fabric thickness and adjusts the height of the foot.   But back to the embroidery side.  I can now do larger designs.  The big frame is 7" by 12" and it has three smaller sizes. It will embroider up to 1000 stitches a minute. I am loving it.  If you don't see me  for a while, you will know why.
Oh yes.. Hilachas has a giveaway on her blog. 

9 comments:

Teresa Quilts said...

So jealous! I am truly not, but I would love to have a machine like that. Of course, I will never be able to afford one, but I can dream, can't I? Have fun.

Jackie's Stitches said...

I have a feeling we're not going to see you for a while! Loved the video!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your new machine...I'm having issues with my brother machine, so am not a happy camper. =) Thanks for sharing your fun with us.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I have the Babylock version of that machine and love it! I know you will have fun with the larger design area. If you set it on emb edit you can put a bunch of smaller designs in the screen to make one large sew out.

Barbara said...

Catching up on both posts, you are doing some amazing things with embroidery. How could it get better? Think you needed a new toy, right? LOL! Will be watching...

Pat said...

All I can say is......you are VERY talented!!!

Momof3girls said...

I own this exact machine and got it for a great deal back in December. I absolutely love this machine! Did you get a free SE-400 and the Pacesetter BES Monogramming to go with it? I love the way it threads itself.

Amy said...

Congrats on your new machine. Its a great invesrment when you sew. I know you'll put it to good use!

IHaveANotion ~ Kelly Jackson said...

Hot diggity dog diggity Gene...I'm in love with that machine already....how do you tear yourself away from it to sleep at night?

Giggles,
Kelly