Thursday, February 16, 2012

Pushing forward

There is more progress on Eye-llusion.  I have finished a third block and did some chain piecing to get this:
I need to cut more pieces -there are enough for three more blocks. Except, well see those three patches in the front left?  I have to cut the teal/aqua color for the ends of those strips and sew them on.
Once that is done, it will be "off to the races" if I have time to sew.   This is exciting.  I love it when a project kicks into gear.
I am thinking that this will be 45" by 60" before the borders.  That means it will be a total of 12 blocks. I am better than a fourth of the way there.  I have one fear- I may run out of the yellow-green fabric.  (or possibly one of the others) then what will I do?

8 comments:

Tangos Treasures said...

Love it! Go shopping??

Pat said...

She is right...go shopping!!! :) Love your fabric choices and this quilt design, too!

Unknown said...

Yup. Sounds like there is some shopping in your future. :) this is going to be great. I love the color.
Don't you find that this is such a productive time of year? I haven't been blogging because I've been so busy doing!

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

It is looking good! Hmm...if you run out of fabric it may change the whole look of your pattern as the fabrics are so distinctive....I agree go shopping or wait and see and adjust the pattern size. Good luck Gene!
Quilting by the River

Rhonda said...

I agree about buying more fabric or if that isn't an option, adjust the number of blocks. Your EQ design in a previous post really allows us to see what's possible.

Barb said...

Nothing is more frustrating than the fear of running out of fabric and then running out. Good luck!

IHaveANotion ~ Kelly Jackson said...

you will improvise and it will come out fine. you'll see .... keep on keepin on :)

Kelly

Anonymous said...

i vote for wild substitution!