Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Progress Yaay!

Just a quick update on the Eye-llusion quilt.  I have completed and joined two blocks.
Yes, two blocks and I am beginning to see that it will become very much like this  that I designed in EQ5. (EQ-Electric Quilt) And I am starting to see the "curve that isn't a curve" in it.  I love it. 

I have great news also!  I am getting EQ7.   I can't wait to see the improvements that a two version upgrade will make.  Now, I am planning to work a bit in EQ7, once it arrives.  So, how many of you have EQ 7?   Are you proficient in it?  I am planning to do some tutorials. 
Are you ready for some "homework" ????   
What I would like is that those of you that have EQ7 tell me what aspects you struggle with OR else just wonder "How do I ____ in Electric Quilt?"   
I want to help you while I am learning. I think it will be a win-win situation! 
I also want to design some quilts and share 'pattern ideas' with you. 
I am excited - I hope you are too!

13 comments:

Samantha said...

Love those colors!

One day I will have EQ, right now I just use good old graph paper and colored pencils. :)

Average Quilter said...

Very nice - Don't you just love EQ

Rhonda said...

I have EQ7 and love it. I could always use a little practice. Lead on!!!

Barbara said...

I just caught up on what's been keeping you busy while I was away from the computer. I love the curved line in this quilt! Can't relate to the EQ posts and comments, but I will surely enjoy the results. ;)

Pat / Silver Thimble Quilt Co. said...

You are going to love "7" and yes I am proficient. I do all my custom work and don't use the Custom Set option. FUN and easy.

Unknown said...

Oh I wish I had 7......one day......

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Beautiful quilt! I have EQ7 and love it!

Tangos Treasures said...

Wow!! Looks great, love the colors!!

Snoodles said...

I don't have EQ at all. :) I use Ole Frog Eyes when I have some blocks made, and if I don't have any blocks yet, I use my sketch book. LOL I'm part old school, part new!

Anonymous said...

i still drawem by hand gene. graph paper, pencil. maybe one day i'll tech up ;)

Unknown said...

I love it, Gene! I don't have any design software. :( I just have to rely on people like you to design things for me! :)

GerryART said...

Your Eye-llusion is lookin' good, Gene.
a proud accomplishment.
hugs
Gerry

Jazzy said...

I really like your Eye-llusion. I just got EQ7 and have been playing with some of the blocks. I'm looking forward to your tutorials to help me enjoy the program to the fullest. Thank you.