Wednesday, February 01, 2012

Quilting

A UFO was sitting patiently awaiting my time.  So, tonight was the night I pulled it out of the box, ironed out the wrinkles, and layered these pieces.  I put on a movie and sat down to quilt.  By the time the movie was over,  I was done.
It isn't a whole  quilt, but it is more than a third of the size of the planned finish.   Now I need to piece the side panels and the back pieces.  Then I will join them together into a nice reversible quilt.  What you see in the picture is actually the "back" - but honestly, I like it better than the front.



10 comments:

Royce said...

I've made a few quilts that after I finished the back became the front. Love the reversible idea it - will be beautiful.

Barbara said...

Looks very nice! I marvel at how you get so much done with a movie showing. Guess I'm not as good at multi-tasking. LOL!

Barb said...

I love the fabrics you have showing so far....doesn't it feel good to get things done...

Pat said...

I'd probably lose track of what I was doing if I tried to watch a movie AND quilt at the same time!!! I like what I see so far of this one you are doing now.

Barbara said...

PS: Love the colors, as always! You never disappoint my need to see brightness. :)

Rhonda said...

I see you are a multi-tasker.... ;-}

Marguerita McManus said...

About half the quilts I make I like the back better than the front and my daughter Sarah finds the same thing :) Good for you for digging into the UFO pile!!

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

Love the colors!! You watch movies and I listen to books on CD while I quilt.

KatieQ said...

Am I correct in my understanding that this is a QAYG quilt? If it is. can you do a tutorial about your method. There are a lot of QAYG methods on line, but many of them leave the quilt looking strange, with unusual sashing, or bumpy.

Snoodles said...

Gene, have you posted on your method of quilt as you go? I'd love to learn more about it...love those colors showing in the picture. :)