Wednesday, May 08, 2013

A Block of FMQ

Tuesday night, I decided to do a bit of free motion quilting (FMQ.)  So I simply took two pieces of fabric cut a little bigger than I need and a piece of batting to go between them.  I layered it up,  clicked on the Leah Day Craftsy class and watched how to do a design.
Then I sat at the machine and got started.
Here are pictures of both sides.

 The Blue Side---  I like it!



 The Red side - I like it too!

Since the sun washed out half of one picture of the red - I took the good part of it to show you a close up of the texture.  I just had to take pictures in the sun because it has been raining so much lately.

Now I confess that the design changed a little in my hands.  I started to make "Snake Paisley" but this doesn't quilt look like it.  One thing I did was work the scale too small. But still, I really like it. I am very happy with this square.

Now I want to know - which color goes on top?   Which do you like best?

The truth is, I will probably use the one that looks best in the overall quilt design. And the other will shine on the "back" -or as I like to call it "The other Front!"

14 comments:

Debbie said...

Oh, yeah, your stitching looks wonderful!!! I can tell you have been practicing. From now on, just say you created your own design. Super.

Petit Design Co. said...

looks great!

Beth said...

It looks just awesome! Great job. I am so impressed. What talent.

Barbara Arcement said...

what fun!!!! I love it .. you did a grea job!

Belinda said...

Hey Gene! That is a great job there!! Well done!

Unknown said...

Hi gene great job...I like the blue ..but like you said whatever fits the design..

Jean(ie) said...

Go Gene!!!!! You totally rocked it! Totally!!!!!!

Barbara said...

Looking great!

Tangos Treasures said...

Wow!! Looks great!! I like the red side the best!!

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

Looks wonderful! Great job!

Cindy said...

OH my word, Gene - you've come SO far quilting!! I am truly impressed!!!!

Rhonda said...

You did a great job Gene. Those Crafty classes are wonderful aren't they. I like the blue side best....just sayin'

Jackie's Stitches said...

Both sides look fantastic! I love your term "the other front". Perfect!

Barb said...

I love your FMQ, I am sure you had fun doing this as well...I like the blue side