Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Creating with Tombow

I am celebrating the 100 days of Tombow.  You see the Tombow product line is 100 years old, but still fresh and creative.
I was sent a starter pack of Tombow products.  It contained some lovely colored pencils and some dual point pens.

The pens have a sweet combination of brush tip and a firmer pointed tip.

I love this combination. For finer areas, I can use the point and for larger areas I can use the brush.  I used both to color in this doodles.

Then I tried a rather simple landscape to show the use of both pencils and pens together.
The colors work together so well that it is hard to tell where one stops and the other begins.

I was also sent a StampRunner adhesive.
While I didn't use it in these projects, I can see that I will be using it in the future.  I think it will be perfect to attaching pieces of a pattern together.  I hate it when a pattern prints across two pieces of paper, but sometimes (ok, often) that is necessary to make it large enough.  This jewel will attach them easily.  The glue is repositionable for a short time then becomes permanent. So you have time to get it right, but then it stays!

Check out all of the Tombow products at Tombow USA.

(I was supplied with pens, pencils and the stamp runner in exchange for my blog post.  However, the opinions are my own.)

5 comments:

beaquilter said...

aren't those sets awesome! I love the pencils

Jocelyn said...

These look perfect for your art work.

SewCalGal said...

I love the art you created with these pens. Amazing shading and depth. Beautiful Gene.

Sure would be fun for every kid across the US to have such a chance to create with such products, in their classrooms (or home).

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

Sue said...

Those pens are great, I have some hear and love using them. I'm still hoping to call into your town. Woohoo.

Barb said...

I can truly see you do wonderful things with this...