Thursday, May 23, 2013

My Little House - A finished Quilt

Happy happy!   That is how I feel.  I have completed my art quilt from Laura Wasilowski's class on Craftsy.  It is bound and even has a rod pocket on it.
This little wall quilt measures 12 1/2"  by 13 3/4 inches. All of the fabrics are hand dyed. The sky is the only one that I dyed myself.  It is actually a printed fabric that I over-dyed.  I like a pink sky, don't you?

So this is my finish for this week.  I will be linking it up with Richard and Tanya's blog for Link A Finish Friday once that is posted on their blog.


Have a wonderful weekend and remember the real reason for Memorial Day.    Memorial Day is a day of remembering the men and women who died while serving in the United States Military
Craftsy

Peace be with you,

25 comments:

Marjorie said...

I love, love, love this. It is a happy quilt.

lesthook said...

An indoor garden! Love it!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Very nice, Gene, and yes I like a pink sky too.

Jackie said...

A+ for you Gene, it is terrific, and I do love your sky.

Sue said...

It's gorgeous, love the pink sky.

jdqltr said...

Fantastic little quilt. Congrats!

Mrs. Sew and Sew - Karen said...

I love it. The pink sky is awesome!

Tammy said...

Good morning Gene. Love your new quilt. Supter cute

Pat Merkle said...

It's AWESOME Gene! Love the colors!

Turid said...

This quilt is really beautiful. And I love all the bright fabrics you've used in it.

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

Such a happy little creation!! Love it :)

Kathleen said...

what a cute quilt...and you did a great job on it...such a happy feeling when looking at it. I have been meaning to take a Craftsy class...now after looking at your quilt...I will...thanks for sharing.

Vicki W said...

I love it! Well do everything!

Vicki W said...

I love it! Well do everything!

Average Quilter said...

It always feels good to have a finish. Looks good

SpartanBabe said...

Love it Gene! I am not a big fan of improv stuff, but this lil' quilt just makes my heart happy :o)

Created by Kathi said...

I am newer to quilting (working on my 5th now) and primarily a machine piecer and a hand quilter... LOVE your work btw... did you like the Craftsy class and feel it was worth the price??? I would love to create something so uplifting! I do well with youtube... would love more info if you could write on taking an online class for quilting! Thanks :) Kathi

~Laurie~ said...

This creation is AMAZING!!

hetty said...

Definitely a happy little quilt! I love the pink sky too.

laura west kong said...

Adorable! Looks like you had a lot of fun. I love Laura Wasilowski's quilts.

Barbara said...

Been away, catching up now, incredibly whimsical and charming!

Barbara said...

Separate thought...separate comment. Remembering on Memorial Day, especially.

daisymeadow said...

Love your little quilt. Very cute!

Angie in SoCal said...

What a happy and bright quilt! You did great.

Lorna McMahon said...

A pink sky sure beats grey, any day! What a happy house! Sweet mini!