Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Wistful Wednesday

I haven't sewn anything since the weekend.  I have been busy with family and household chores.
Today I would like to share with you a couple of my paintings.  First I will do a realistic one.  This is watercolor.
And then this piece which is a "Non-representational" painting called "Am I Dreaming"
I really like the depth that the multiple layers of transparent paint give this one. There are symbols stamped in metallic paints on top of the painting to add even more depth.

In other news:
Craftsy has new classes starting today
Sandra Betzina - Sewing on the Bias (Sewing) 
Janet Pray - Sew Better, Sew Faster: Garment Industry Secrets (Sewing) 
Frieda Anderson - Machine Quilting the Home Sweet Home Quilt (Quilting) 
Maggie Austin - Sugar Berries, Leaves, and Blossoms (Cake Decorating) 

I wish they would do a class on sewing for men. I would love to learn to make my own clothes. 

9 comments:

Lindabee said...

I've made suit coats and pants for my hubby. If you can sew, you can sew for men. It's all the same. Love your paintings. Don't usually like non realistic paintings, but "Am I Dreaming" strikes a chord. Thanks for sharing.

Vicki W said...

I love Am I Dreaming!

Barbara said...

Love them both! Serene and peaceful scene, then dreaming ..not so much, but I still like it. Opposites for me!

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

Your work is absolutely amazing and beautiful!!

Belinda said...

These paintings are simply breathtaking Gene! I'm so jealous!

Beth said...

Those are really different. I like them both. The colors are beautiful on both.
So much talent!

Royce said...

Love Love Love the second painting. Gene it's too bad you don't live in Nashville we have the greatest sewing/quilting teacher at our JoAnn's. You would love her. I found sewing clothes way out of my depth. I seem to have a metal block on reading patterns.

Sue said...

I really love your paintings Gene, both of them are fabulous.

sewyouquilt2 said...

love your paintings. very nice