Monday, November 11, 2013

Finished Scarf

Yesterday afternoon I finished weaving the scarf I have been making.  Last night I started taking it off the loom.  I got the ends tied off and removed. With scarves you can just tied off rather than hemstitching them.
This morning I trimmed the fringe and decided that I would twist the fringe.
Then it occurred to me to ask my readers a question.

Do you think it looks better with just loose yarn fringe or with twisted fringe?

Here is the entire scarf:
The part at the top of the picture is not twisted, but the bottom end is twisted.

Here is a close up of twisted and non twisted:
Do you think the twisted fringe adds a more finished look?


And here is a close up of the Leno Lace, although it doesn't show as nicely in the picture as it looks in person.
The color did not come out as true as I would like.  The grey is a nice neutral grey and not as blue as it appears in these pictures. I "borrowed" this picture from a seller of the yarn.  It is much more true to color although this picture (on my monitor) has a slight brown cast.
The red is the same as in the red and black scarf, I made earlier.



Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible unless otherwise stated.

15 comments:

Unknown said...

I love these....so pretty.

Marjorie said...

I like it both ways--you'll just have to make another scarf and have one with twisted and one free. The scarves are beautiful.

LINDA BYLSMA said...

The scarf is lovely. I think you will find the twisted yarns will be less likely to tangle and get caught in things. You might also consider braiding three at a time. Those are Cougar colors, Washington State University, my alma mater. You should gift it to me, hahaahah.

Barbara said...

This turned out great! I like the fluffiness of non-twisted, but either is perfect.

Helen said...

Beautiful work, Gene. I love the scarf and I really like the twisted fringe...it gives your scarf a nice finished look.

Holee said...

I'm with Barbara, I like the fuller look.

Tangos Treasures said...

Hard call, they both look great!!

Vicki W said...

Lovely!

LA Paylor said...

I just sent your tutorial page link to my sewing group.
Enjoyed your blog
LeeAnna Paylor
leeannaquilts@gmail.com
lapaylor.blogspot.com

Pat said...

For me, I find the untwisted to be "softer" to the touch, so that is what I like better.

Snoodles said...

I love the twisted look!

Barb said...

You are wicked good with that weaving....

Shari said...

Really lovely scarf. Personal preference for me would be the twisted look. I actually don't wear scarves with fringe...but in this case I find the twisted ones actually add overall to the project...really make it come together. Just beautiful!

Rhonda said...

I like the non-twisted look my self.

Linda said...

The scarf is beautiful! I don't think you can go wrong either way, but I think the twisted yarn will hold up better to wear. The untwisted may tend to get "fluffy" over time. You are so talented!