Friday, November 01, 2013

On the Loom

I have another scarf on the loom.  This one is red and black acrylic yarn done in a Brooks Bouquet lace pattern.  I do love using this design.  It takes a little longer than plain weave but it is so pretty.
I think that there will be enough of the red and black left to do this again but weave with the red instead of the black for the weft.  I am uncertain of how it will look that way though. I do like the richness the solid black edges give it.  If I weave it with red on this same warp pattern, the edges will have red showing within the black.

Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible unless otherwise stated.

7 comments:

Jennifer Thomas said...

This is so-o-o-o-o pretty! I really like it. I would like to see it the other way, too. ;) Have a super day!

Pat said...

It seems every scarf gets prettier than the last one. How is that possible?

Barbara Arcement said...

this will be a beautiful scarf. How and where did you learn that pattern. It looks so complicated.

Vicki W said...

Yum!

Beth said...

I agree with Pat, it seems like every scarf gets more beautiful. And more complicated. Love how intricate this one looks.

Barb said...

Wow....you are amazing!!!

Barbara said...

Beautiful Gene. It's amazing how your weaving skills have become so sophisticated in such a short time!