Thursday, October 31, 2013

ROY G. BIV for BQF

My regular readers have already seen this quilt, but I am posting it again for the Blogger's Quilt Festival. 

I made this quilt top totally to have it for doing Free Motion Quilting on my domestic machine. I was taking a class on Craftsy that is taught by Leah Day.   The basic pattern for the quilt was in the class materials.  However, I made the color decisions and decided to finally make a  Roy G. Biv quilt.  Many of you know that bright happy colors are my passion. So the fact that I decided to use vivid colors was not a shock.   I side-stepped Leah's instruction to not use variegated thread because I wanted to tie the colors in the blocks in with the black sashing.
The stitching colors don't show in the pictures but up close it is delightful to see the colors mingle in the quilting.
I also carried the theme into the backing.  The backing qualifies as a "scrappy quilt"  since I did a pieced backing.
And as a last chance to add even more color,  I did a scrappy binding using the fabrics from the quilt also.
Thanks for stopping by.  Don't forget to visit the Festival. Just click the banner below.
You can see other Roy G. Biv quilts at this link. Voting in now in session.
AmysCreativeSide

Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible unless otherwise stated.

7 comments:

Marjorie said...

Beautiful, front and back. Love it.

Kathleen said...

love the quilting....beautiful quilt...

Barb said...

Don't mind seeing it again...looks fantastic!!

Snoodles said...

That is a stunning quilt....love it! Good luck in the festival!

CitricSugar said...

Great quilting! And the colours are lovely - even if they are not your 'passion'. It's good to step out of one's comfort zone once in a while. :-)

Quiltingranny said...

On my list of 'to do' quilts as well. I love the colors you used!

Queenie Believe said...

Awesome quilt!! The colors really sing!!
Have a great day.
Always, Queenie