Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Off the Face of the Earth?

I suppose some of you think I  have fallen off the face of the earth.  No, I haven't.  I have been on a simple hiatus because of the show/sale and some other things I had going on.  My cold is finally better. I am not going to let this cold wave of weather moving through doesn't cause me to relapse. I am staying nice and warm and out of the weather as much as possible.

The sale went well.  Although sales were down this year, I did make some good connections and will most likely get some commission work from it. (happy happy!)

Here are some pictures of my booth.

This is the basic booth shot. The doll is still with me. 
 I think my great niece may get it for Christmas

This shot shows my wall hanging 
 and the painting in the window. 

The woven scarves were a good seller.  Only two of these came home. 
The quilted journals sold also, but the quilted brag books didn't. 

As I said overall was  a good day.  I also took my small loom with me and wove most of a scarf while I was there.  Lots of people asked questions about the weaving.  It made me realize that I could teach weaving and probably have a nice little class of folks who want to learn how to weave. 


Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible unless otherwise stated.

14 comments:

Pat said...

I'm glad the show went reasonably well. Please don't have a relapse! It is wise to stay out of the weather, if you can.

Barb said...

That is wonderful about the scarves and the prospect of teaching...your booth looks so inviting..great job.

Unknown said...

Looks like you have a variety of talents, and are a skilled artisan on several levels! Your booth looked interesting, which means, it took time to put your work on display. Glad you made new contacts. Happy Holidays Gene.

Lorraine said...

You make such beautiful things! You are so talented. I think teaching weaving would be wonderful! As for the weather, what is up with this cold? I moved to Alabama to escape winter but it's tracked me down. I'm hating it!

Marjorie said...

I love seeing your booth and all your beautiful things together. Am so glad you were able to re-distribute to the masses. I am sure that everyone who bought something will love it. And perhaps the blessing in not selling everything is now you have your Christmas shopping finished :)

suemac said...

Love the scarves on the top shelf. Beautiful fall colors.

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Nice display of your wonderful work. Your post brings back memories of shows,and disappointment over items brought home unsold.

I think classes would be a wonderful idea. It's encouraging to know that there continues to be interest in all fiber art with so many engrossed in technological toys.

Happy Thanksgiving.

LINDA BYLSMA said...

Amazing!!! You rock.
I always take my spinning wheel and spin at shows. It attracts people into my booth, and results in more sales and possible students. Have fun and get well.

Kathleen said...

So glad you sold some scarves! I knew you would. Everything you posted as you were working on them looked just beautiful, and I couldn't even touch them but could tell they were cozy!

Jeanna said...

Hello Gene. I'm a new follower and wanted you to know that I love the quilt in your header.

I hope you continue to feel better from the cold and have a Happy Thanksgiving!

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

I'm glad that your show/sale went well. Your work is amazing and your scarves are truly beautiful! I think that teaching weaving classes is a great idea. Go for it! - ;))

Rhonda said...

So glad you're better and that your booth was fairly successful. Take care my friend. And Happy Thanksgiving!!

Barbara said...

Yay for teaching weaving, go for it! That is one attractive inventory. :)

Beth said...

the booth looks great! So much wonderful color! I was sure the scarves would be a big hit.
I am sure you could teach weaving. Wish I was close enough for a class.