Monday, February 08, 2016

I Strayed a Little (am I a Hooker now?)

When I went down the knitting rabbit hole, I was tempted by a squirrel and strayed a bit.
My Nana mentioned that she wanted a triangle prayer shawl.   I said, "I don't have a clue how to knit one of those."  She said "If I knew someone who crochets they could make me one."

Did I mention that I learned to crochet as a pre-adolescent?   I do indeed know how to crochet.  Hmmm...

So I found a pattern that even had a youtube video. (Video is an awesome learning tool - more on that later.)   I got some yarn and a hook and started.

I will be adding some light blue and white rows in here eventually.  It is amazing how old skills are remembered by your hands.

This post has ad links
Now about video as a learning tool - One of my favorite places to go for video classes is Craftsy. You have lifetime access to the classes and you can watch them over and over until you "get it."  Did you know that they now have 1000 classes?  Wow!  To celebrate, Craftsy has put the most commonly wishlisted classes on sale at 50% off.  That is a nice bargain.
How about this one:
 Free-Motion Quilting Essentials with Christina Cameli

Or perhaps maybe you want to try a crochet class where you learn to crochet cable designs?
Quick & Easy Crochet Cables with Shannon Mullett-Bowlsby

Or even a quilt as you go class

Or perhaps look and find one of your own choosing.  There are lots of classes on sale right now. So, go learn something new to try!

Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible unless otherwise stated. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger" - I can not reply.

3 comments:

Barbara said...

Wonderful that you have crocheted a shawl! My daughter knitted one for me, next up getting out my camera!

Rhonda said...

Your Nana will love it because it's made with loving hands!

craftspacecontinuum said...

I love that crochet stitch pattern. Your Nana will love it.