Friday, February 19, 2016

Leftovers - what to do?

You know that each week we have some leftovers when we cook at home.  What do you do with leftovers?  Some folks toss them out. Others make a stew or casserole with some of the leftovers.

When I made the Wing It block, yesterday, I had leftover pieces. So what to do with them?  There were a number of pre-pieced bits and pre-cut squares. There were also some trimming scraps.  And in my "sewing trash bag" I saw a piece of white fabric from another project.  So I rescued that piece of "leftovers" too.

I think I will add this one to the stack for my Sampler quilt. Here are both blocks.
The bottom one I am calling "Wing and a Prayer."  It is 6 1/2" square just like the top "Wing It" block.  I had a fun time playing with the "leftovers" and I got a perfectly good improv block out of it.
I think I added a bit of reimagining to my version and I think I like it.
Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible unless otherwise stated. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger" - I can not reply.

2 comments:

Barbara said...

I have a ton in my leftover bin, you are an inspiration!

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

I like your improv block better than the original - way to go, Gene!! - ;))