Friday, December 21, 2018

A new Start - Flamingo Road

While on a Christmas visit, I received a commission to make a baby quilt.  I was handed a fabric swatch and told which colors on it to use.  I went shopping today, and matched them as best I could.  Of course prior to shopping I played in Electric Quilt and made a plan for the quilt.  I am using the photo of the flamingo as place holders for the embroidered blocks I will add to the quilt. The background will be the same dark blue as is used in the rest of the quilt.
After cutting a lot of fabric and sewing for a few minutes hours, I have this section completed 
.....along with a lot of cut pieces and pre-sewn parts:
There are actually the other two corner sections that need to be assembled from the "parts" that are in those stacks. I have also pre-cut several of the other pieces.  
 Now, if I don't get too distracted by the holiday activities, I may get the top assembled completely before the end of the year.  If I get really into it, I could even have it layered and the quilting started. But, perhaps I will wait and have it for a nice project to finish in January. 
Only time will tell. 


Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. However at this time Blogger is not notifying me of comments. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

4 comments:

Barbara said...

Will be striking, eager to see the actual embroidery.

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Lucky baby!! I like the color combo - and I'm with Barbara - eager to see the actual embroidery - ;))

Pamela Arbour said...

I like your fabrics and design. Looking forward to the finish!

Frog Quilter said...

Lovely as usual. Looking forward to future progress.