Monday, December 31, 2018

Happy New Year - and a recap

The end of the year is upon us. I have an annoying cold but it certainly doesn't have me down. 
I have finished the Flamingo Road baby quilt top. It is layered and basted with some ditch quilting done.  It will not be finished in 2018 but early in 2019.
Yes it is a terrible photo. 
My surprise for the year is that I had more finishes than I realized.

The first was in January. It lives in my recliner and makes me smile when I see it.

 Another finish was the "years in the making" quilt that is on my bed now.

I made a faux stained glass window for a play I was in. The theater has saved it (actually two of them) for possible use in future productions.

I completed the Crumb top - but it is still in the pile to finish "someday." 



The denim squares quilt was finished and gifted to my brother and his wife as a thank you for all they do.

I dyed the fabric and made some pillowcases for my bed. I love them! 

I finished the wonky stars quilt top - and sent it off where it was quilted and finished to become a quilty hug for a chemo patient.

I made a couple of quilted notebook covers.

 I made a LOT of fig preserves/jam that are flavored with Jello and taste delicious.
I also made bread, cakes, pies and did a lot of piecing on projects that are now just PIPs (projects in piles.)  But, those give me a start for 2019. 

Happy New Year my friends.



Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

8 comments:

Debbie said...

A great year! Lots of variety in your life too. I enjoy your adventures into dyeing and canning and theater. I foresee a bright New Year for you.

Frog Quilter said...

Such a great year of finishes. Kuddos!!!! Keep them coming.

diane said...

Great finishes Gene. Sounds like you're never at a loss for what to do. Keeping ones self entertained is the way to fly especially if they bring you into social contact. The quilt you said was on your bed grabbed my attention. Looks easy to put together and soft colors!

Rhonda said...

Love seeing your finishes. I know you'll have a great 2019!!!

Barbara said...

I love the “ flow” of your baby quit! Nice color too, and congrats on such a successful year!

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Congratulations on all of your finishes!! You have had a very productive year - and you have a good start on projects for 2019. Hope you have a VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR, Gene - ;))

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

You had a productive quilty year and so many other things, acting, weaving, and learning other new things. It's always fun to check in and see what you are up to.

Happy New Year!

Jeanna said...

This was a lovely recap of a beautifully creative year, Gene. Happy 2019!