Thursday, January 03, 2019

String Block Update

Even though I have a cruddy little cold,  I have been making a few string blocks.
Those are stacks of 10 but there are more than that now.  My best guess is about 85 at this point.

I tried making four that are very similar but not identical.
The color is truer in the top photo.  

The lower one has all the matching corners turned in. While the upper one has two in and two out. I am thinking that these would make a great pillow cover - or at least the center for one.




Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

7 comments:

Jeanna said...

These are very nice string blocks. I love the colors. Even though it is scrappy they play well together.

Barbara said...

Yay you, Gene, they look great! You have put much thought and experimentation into this project. You have done more blocks than me now, and I’m reminded I said I would post a layout that I like. Mine will not be as coordinated as yours might be, but I think I’ve settled on one layout that keeps popping up. I’ll get my blog updated pronto.

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Those are really nice! They would both make great pillows - I like the first one with two of the matching centers - looks like an hourglass block in the middle - ;))

Rhonda said...

Hope you get to feeling better soon! I like both versions.

Frog Quilter said...

I love string blocks and your are looking fabulous. Has it reduced your scraps?

Debbie said...

String blocks are looking good....no matter which way you orient them. Feel better soon....colds need chicken noodle soup.

ShirleyC said...

That arrangement is just beautiful!