Tuesday, January 08, 2019

Quilting and More

Yesterday and last night the baby quilt aka Flamingo Road got a great start on the quilting. I am using my new Ruler Foot and a straight ruler for a lot of it.  Here is the center of the quilt.
I really love the way this quilting emphasizes the center of  the quilt.
I am not sure that it was any faster than just doing free motion stitching, but I love the look of it. 

Now for the news!  My new year started off with quite the quilty surprise.  
I received and email stating that my application was accepted and 
that I have been selected as one of the 2019 Ambassadors for 

Island Batik

Technically it doesn't start until February.  But I am very excited to join some old friends in this journey.  Plus I am meeting lots of new  friends by being a part of this.

Right now as the 2018 Ambassador year comes to an end, the final blog hop has just started this week. And January is a great time for a Getaway.  So check out the Getaway Blog Hop.

Getaway Blog Hop Schedule

WEEK 1
Monday, January 7 - Crystal Ball
Tuesday, January 8  - Ditty
Wednesday, January 9 - Elk Lodge

Thursday, January 10 - Feline Fine

Friday, January 11 - Flea Market

WEEK 2
Monday, January 14 - Fortune Teller
Jennifer Fulton- The Inquiring Quilter

Tuesday, January 15  - Gypsy Rose

Wednesday, January 16 - Paisley Park

Thursday, January 17 - Soul Song

Friday, January 18 - Twilight Chic

WEEK 3
Monday, January 21 - Winter Park

Tuesday, January 22  - Bazaar






Wednesday, January 23 - Blossom





Thursday, January 24 - Boho





Friday, January 25 - Brookview





WEEK 4
Monday, January 28 - French Blue

Tuesday, January 29  - Midsummer Night






Wednesday, January 30 - Oh Deer





Thursday, January 31 - Snow Berry  

Friday, February 1-  Candy Cane Lane and Icicle
Anne Wiens- Icicle - Sweetgrass Creative Designs

Barbara Gaddy - Candy Cane Lane  -Bejeweled Quilts by Barb 

Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

13 comments:

beaquilter said...

You're going to have so much fun as an ambassador!
Do you long arm or use domestic machine for quilting?

Dena@LivingWaterQuilter.com said...

welcome to the team!

Jeanna said...

First, the baby quilt is magnificent. I love the quilting and the flamingo :)

Next, congratulations on becoming an Island Batik ambassador. I follow Vicki too and the fabrics are wonderful. I look forward to seeing all the gems you create, Gene.

Barbara said...

Wonderful! I now have two of you to enjoy following. Flamingo Road looks amazing!

diane said...

Good way to start the year. Baby quilt done and Island Batiks to play with. Congrats!

Rhonda said...

Congratulations Gene. How exciting!!!!!

Barb said...

I just love your ruler work.....great job.

Congrats to you.....

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Your Flamingo Road is looking good!! I agree - it may not be faster than FMQ - but I like the look of ruler work. And CONGRATULATIONS!! - an Island Batik Ambassador!! - I'm looking forward to seeing all of your wonderful creations - ;))

teachpany said...

Congrats and welcome to the IBA team!

Frog Quilter said...

Congratulations Gene! Love how your baby quilt is progressing along.

Anita said...

Congrats on becoming an ambassador, welcome to the team!

Vicki W said...

What fun news! You are going to have a very creative year!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Great news! Have fun stitching up new projects. Nice quilting.