Friday, January 04, 2019

Ruling The Quilt

A friend intrigued me with the Ruler Foot for the domestic sewing machine.  This led me to watch a couple of classes on BluPrint (aka Craftsy) since I got a year of unlimited for Christmas.  I watched Angela Walters' class on "Point to Point" quilting and one by Amy Johnson.

This pretty much convinced me that "Yes, I do do that!"  so I found a good deal on a foot that came with an arc ruler.
It arrived today and I just had to play with it.  There was an interesting design on the package that I wanted to try.
I had a quilt sandwich ready to practice on - a large orphan block would work just fine. Maybe I can make something with the quilted fabric later.
I'm not sure how well you can see those curves, but the are better than I could do with free motion quilting.
Here is the back.
 That fabric is a bit too busy.... but  you can probably see the quilting lines better.


And the ruler foot and ruler are here.
I am thinking I will have a lot of fun with these new toys.
 It is a new year, and there are lots of surprises so stay tuned!


Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

5 comments:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

New toys are such fun - and your curves look GREAT!! Santa brought me a set for Christmas and I played with them a little - but now I need to watch those videos again and play some more - ;))

Jeanna said...

Your quilting looks really nice, Gene. The latest update to my Janome included a ruler foot. I'll need to sign up for classes at the local dealer if I attempt that method. How is it holding the ruler in place and moving your fabric at the same time?

Frog Quilter said...

Your arcs are fabulous.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Great quilting. You can make a tote bag with your quilted fabric.

Barb said...

I think you did a fantastic job for just right out of the gate. YOu have a natural ability for this.