Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Bound and Photographed - First Finish 2019

May I say "Hooray!"   I have my first official finish for 2019.  The Flamingo quilt is bound.  We took a trip out into the cold wind for a photo session.  The wind was blowing and it appeared that I would not get a good shot of the quilt.
But then, this isn't a bad photo of it. 

I persevered and got a photo of the back with it hanging reasonably straight. 
I love the wild stripe of pieced fabric.  I simply used the extra parts from the front.  The quilting also shows up pretty well in this photo.  I did a loose echo around the embroidery,  bit of ruler work and finished off with some meandering and wavy lines. 

Then I finally got a good photo of the front of the quilt. 
Notice that BLUE sky at the top of the photo.  That is so welcomed after several drab gray days. 

I hope you are following the Island Batik Getaway blog hop.  Here is this weeks schedule:  
Monday, January 14 – Fortune Teller
Sarah Goer –Sarah Goer Quilts
Sherry Shish –Powered by Quilting
Jennifer Fulton –The Inquiring Quilter
Tuesday, January 15 – Gypsy Rose
Jen Strauser –Dizzy Quilter
Janet Yamamoto- Whispers of Yore
Wednesday, January 16 – Paisley Park
Dione Gardner-Stephen- Clever Chameleon
Nancy Scott –Masterpiece Quilting
Thursday, January 17 – Soul Song
Carole Lyles Shaw- Carol Lyles Shaw
Toby Lischko –Gateway Quilts & Stuff
Friday, January 18 – Twilight Chic
Jackie O’Brien –If These Threads Could Talk
Tina Dillard- Quilting Affection
Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

8 comments:

Dot Moore said...

Gene, that is one beautiful quilt. Love it!

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

"Hooray!" Your Flamingo Quilt looks GREAT! "Hooray!" for a finish already this year - ;))

Barbara said...

Very cool and beautiful! I can’t imagine doing all that FMQ. A treasure!

Jeanna said...

Wow, this turned out so nice, Gene. I love the backing too!

Kathleen said...

I love the Flamboyant Flamingo! It makes think I should be in FL escaping the impending snow doom for the weekend.

Barb said...

What a fabulous quilt for the New Year....love it.

Debbie said...

Love the wind blowing shot! The quilt is adorable too! The blue sky yesterday was so welcomed around here too. Good finish for the new year.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Nice finish, congrats!