Saturday, January 19, 2019

A little Sneak Peek

The project that currently has my attention is a challenge for the Island Batik Ambassadors. 
(Full disclosure: Island Batik and Hobbs Batting provided fabric and batting for this project.) 

I started by making a test block - just to get myself ready to start.  
Then I made some wonky star blocks. 

Over a few days it progressed along and I am at the quilting stage. 
Here is a little sneak peek - but the backing is mostly what you can see. 
The backing fabric did not come with the Ambassador program - it was in my stash.
Wait?  Are there white pieces in my blue blocks??
Do I need to rip that out? 

All of the ditch quilting is done and now the question:
Do I quilt more on it or just trim and bind it?  
For now, it will sit while that decision is being made. 

Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

7 comments:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Answer - you quilt more on it - LOL - ;))

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

It depends on the batting you are using how close you need to quilt. Most Hobbs battings are every 3.5". I love their 80/20 batting.

Barbara said...

Such a teasing preview, who knows what should be done? Only those who can see it!

Pamela Arbour said...

looking forward to the reveal

JJ said...

Congrats on becoming an IB ambassador. It will be fun to see what you design. Alas, I am not longer one but it was fun while it lasted.

Turid said...

I love those wonky stars. I'm really looking forward to find out what you do with IB fabrics. They are so nice to play with. Have fun!

Jeanna said...

This is very intriguing. Looking forward to the big reveal.