Sunday, December 30, 2018

Another String Block Layout

I have (ahem) forty-nine string blocks made at this point.  So I tried this layout.
Exploding Diamonds (sounds like a James Bond type book, doesn't it?
There is probably a name for it already, but I am calling it "exploding diamonds." I hope you can see the design. 


Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

4 comments:

Debbie said...

Got it....I can see the exploding diamond. I think you are enjoying this:)

Barbara said...

Yup, I see it too! After you are done experimenting, perhaps a viewer vote for a favorite? Of course, the only favorite that matters is YOURS!

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Oh, goody - ANOTHER Squirrel!!!!!!! - I haven't even cut my foundation papers yet - and you have another GREAT layout - ;))

Barbara said...

Game on, Gene! I still have more string blocks done than you, and I’m not even part of the challenge. They just happen to be the only easy thing I could make as I’ve dealt with my hand issues. I think I’m up to 55 of them now, but they are admittedly smaller at 5”. However, your posts have gotten me interested in making something with them. Until now, I had no idea what they might become. I’ll post a potential layout later today. I love handling fabric...FUN!