Sunday, December 23, 2018

Layout Variations - just for fun

Just for fun, I thought I would show a few alternate layouts for the quilt I am making.  I removed the embroidery blocks and put in pieced blocks.
First I did it in the colorway I am using for this quilt.
Then I thought,  Red and White quilts are very popular. So I changed the colors

And of course Blue and Yellow is a classic too.
I could not decide on the border color- so I went with the yellow (a light)
since the others are dark.
I am wondering if I should do a write up later for this quilt pattern- or maybe do a quick "quilt along" of it. Is anyone interested in making this? With borders it is roughly 42 by 57 inches. You could make the borders wider or narrower - or leave them off entirely.
I also have some other design options that  I will share later.  The block units are 8" and finish at 7.5"

Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. However at this time Blogger is not notifying me of comments. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

3 comments:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Oooh, goody - another Squirrel!! YES - write up the instructions - a "quilt along" might be fun. There are lots of possible color combinations - and it could be made in different sizes - ;))

Barbara said...

So imaginative! It’s squared off perfectly except for the top and bottom points that give it some curve, and I love that. I’m not likely to quilt along, but I’d enjoy watching others’ work from the sidelines.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Nice pattern. Wish I had time to make it.