Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Chandelier Bead

My friend, Debbie, over at Stitchin' Therapy, posted a block that she is calling Chandelier Bead.    She mentioned wondering what lighter colored beads would look like on a dark background.  I had to go to EQ and play a bit.  This is what I came up with.























Mine may be brighter than she meant, but I do love this design.
I see that I have one (maybe more) oops in the coloring.
Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. However at this time Blogger is not notifying me of comments. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

11 comments:

MissPat said...

I like this version with the black background, too. It really makes the colors pop.
Pat

Debbie said...

Wow, this is wonderful! I love the dark version. Thanks for sharing.

Debbie said...

Just added a link to this on my post:)

Barb said...

Oh....I love this, bright and fun

Jeanna said...

Love this! My friend is making a quilt with bright accent colors and a dark background. I wasn't sure how it would look but it is really pretty.

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Ooooooh - what a pretty Squirrel - LOL - ;))

Vicki W said...

I LOVE this quilt!

Pamela Arbour said...

I like both the light background and the black but I think the black is more stunning. Thanks for sharing. Maybe I will make one of these one day.

Barbara said...

I also love the brights against a black background. It reminds me of a BOM I did at a local quilt shop a long time ago, all bright colors against black. I loved it until the black fabric started “bearding”. I haven’t used Kona black since, but it could also have been due to the batting I used.

tink's mom said...

Absolutely stunning version. Wow

KatieQ said...

It's eye popping! I love it. I don't usually use dark backgrounds, but this may have to go on my 2019 "to do" list.