Thursday, December 27, 2018

Getting Ready -string-along

I started pulling things to use for the StringAlong mentioned in the last post.  I have a lot of strips and strings already.  But I took a few pieces of fat quarters and cut them into strips with my die cutter.
Now I have a nice overflowing box of strips/strings to use for my blocks.
Then I also cut the paper foundations for my blocks from some newsprint that I had in my art supplies. I believe it was purchased for a portrait class that I took some years ago.
I will also be using that Lapel Stick glue stick and my snips as I work along on these.

Then just for fun, I did camera filters on one of the pictures of the strips.

Even though the black/white photo isn't a true grayscale, it serves as a reminder that converting a photo to grayscale will allow you to judge value more accurately.


Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

2 comments:

Rhonda said...

Looks like you are ready to get started. I would join in but have some mom things to take care of.

Barbara said...

Yours will be very colorful! I went to the link and it gave me some ideas. You see, while I’ve been recouping hand use, I have been able to do some easy machine sewing. The thing I got addicted to making was 5” string blocks, and I think I now have about 55 done. Not wanting to make a quilt I had no idea what I would do with them, but I see different interesting layouts on that link!