Friday, August 23, 2019

Like Eating Potato Chips

A couple of days ago a friend and I were discussing how she might use a "difficult" fabric in a quilt.  I mentioned doing a "four patch posie"  like I did with some spiderman fabric some time back.  I was looking for instructions and found a different way.  I knew I would have to try it.

 Now it is like eating potato chips - I can't stop with one block. I just want to keep eating making these little blocks.

Basically, you line up fabric the same way as you would for a one block wonder (OBW) quilt but only use four layers. 

Then you cut squares with the four layers lined up. They need to be at least 4 inches - bigger would be better.
You cut the squares diagonally both ways.  Then each triangle stack makes a block.

You can see the how-to video that I found on YouTube below.


Now, I have a few more cut that I need to sew.  See you later, folks!

Until Next Time,  
Stay Creative 


Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

6 comments:

Debbie said...

You jumped down that rabbit hole didn't you? Love these, and yes they are addictive.

Kathleen said...

Perfect! I can see how you would get obsessed once you started playing.

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Another Squirrel!! - LOL - ;))

Pamela Arbour said...

I have made one before and they are so much fun. This is definitely a squirrel that I don't have time to chase right now. Oh my! LOL

Barbara said...

We have so many squirrels here, catching one isn’t possible. Lol! Just have fun trying. Your post is also fun, it’s amazing how a twist of the wrist changes everything. Have you done stack and whack quilts? Another way to get surprising results. So much fun!

Jeanna said...

That is an interesting process. I can understand how making these can become addictive.