Monday, August 19, 2019

New Project, A Handy Tip and a Blog Hop Update

As I hate to be behind or late with anything,  I have started on my November Island batik project. I am making a blue and yellow quilt using the SunnySide Up collection along with some of the basics and foundations fabrics. I have made a lot of half square triangle blocks.  The stack below is forty of them.

I made these using Triangles on a Roll. When you are making lots of the same unit this is really fast.
Here is my handy tip: When I am working on a project and making pieces to put into blocks later, I use these cheap inexpensive plastic envelopes from the Dollar store.
It keeps all of my pieces together so they don't get lost in the clutter.  They will hold a lot more than you realize.  This one has 96 half square triangle blocks as well as 48 border sections.

The Blog Hop:
Here is Island Batik blog hop schedule for this week . A different Island Batik Spring 2019 collection is being featured each day. You should visit my fellow Ambassador’s blog hop stops every day to see what beauties have been created with this wonderful fabric.

Monday, August 19th - Petal Pushers

Tuesday, August 20th - Quiet Shades

Wednesday, August 21st - Seedlings



Also you can go to the Island Batik blog post for the end of week two and register for this weeks prize, a bundle of the lovely collection, Quiet Shades.
Until Next Time,  
Stay Creative 

Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

4 comments:

Barbara said...

Not hopping, but will comment on your HSTs. Blue and yellow will be striking, it’s always a great combination! I LOVE your dollar store storage bags. I must look for those!

Frog Quilter said...

I made my older brother a yellow and blue quilt and it was beautiful just your will. And in batiks to boot it will be fabulous! Keep inspiring us.

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Blue and yellow is one of my favorite combinations - so I'm sure that your quilt is going to be gorgeous - but crimeny - we have to wait until November??????????? - Rats!! - LOL - ;))

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

I'm going to look for those envelopes. Thanks for the tip. These fabrics are beautiful.
xx, Carol