Saturday, August 10, 2019

Working on an Island Batik Project

I have been quiet for several days.  Here is why; I have been working on my September Island Batik Challenge.   For this project I am using some lovely fabric designed by Jackie Kunkel.  It is called Electric Desert. The borders are a different line of Island Batik fabric in blue and yellow - but it plays very well with the colors in the Electric Desert line. For the background I am using Island Batik's black solid fabric. Here is a quick look at some of the quilting.
This is a whimsical quilt so I decided to just have fun with the quilting.  I didn't worry about "perfection" but rather chose for perfectly imperfect.

I will tell you more about this quilt and how it was designed in my September challenge post.

Right now,  I am spending a few minutes at a time hand sewing the binding onto the back of the quilt.
The little binding clips are so handy to hold it in place as I hand stitch.  I am about halfway finished with it.
You may notice that I left the outer border lightly quilted.  I thought it would make the edges a bit softer.  Since I am using Hobbs 100% cotton batting with scrim, this will be a delightfully comfy little quilt.

Okay, it is back to work for me, the binding awaits.

Island Batik's Beat the Heat blog hop has just posted the end of week one giveaway.  You will want to be sure to visit and enter.  The prize is a precut bundle of Garden Party.  It is a lovely rainbow of color for you to use in your creative play


Until Next Time,  
Stay Creative 


Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

5 comments:

ShirleyC said...

That will be beautiful! Those little clips are just the bomb!

Barbara said...

This is the most we’ve seen of this to date. Looking great!

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Oooh, that's pretty - can't wait to see the whole thing - ;))

Barb said...

I can't wait to see the finished product, I am sure it will be a show stopper. When I am quilting, sometimes I feel that at times the quilting is less than perfect but once I get the quilt all done and the binding on....well...who notices???? It looks great. I do not hand bind my binding....lazy me.

Jeanna said...

September will be here before we know it. At least you are giving us something to look forward to...quilty pleasure :)