Tuesday, August 13, 2019

Under my needle

Today I have another project under my needle.  You may remember that a week or so ago, I basted this quilt.  Today I started quilting it.  I decided to start with the focal point - i.e. the lime colored diamond "square."  For that I did some special quilting to make it stand out more.
 For the rest of the quilt, I am planning to do a simple meandering/stipple somewhat loosely. (loosely for me, that is.)  As there are lots of bias in this type of block, the quilt doesn't lay very flat. So I am "quilting out" the excess as I go.

I have to say that the meandering is going pretty fast -or at least it seems so. I have about a sixth of it quilted.  If you don't remember this is how it looked basted.

Don't forget that this month the Island Batik Beat the Heat blog hop is going on.  There is lots of inspiration and a few prizes so try to read the posts from all of the Ambassadors in this hop. Tomorrow, August 14th, is my day on the hop. I hope you like my quilt as much as I do.

Until Next Time,  
Stay Creative 


Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

3 comments:

Jeanna said...

That is a happy quilt, Gene. I love the colors. What machine are you using for the FMQ?

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Under your needle - it's nice to see what you're playing with today. Can't wait to see what you made for this month's challenge - ;))

Barbara said...

Amazing what that one diamond does for the entire project. It’s a conversation piece!