Monday, August 09, 2021

A Surprise Find

Let me start off by saying that the heat in Alabama has been a major deterrent to my creative process.  But some other things play into that also.   

I have started (slowly) to cull things that I don't need to keep.  As I was cleaning excess from a bookshelf, I found a surprise.   I don't remember doing this at all, but I know by the signature that it is my work.  
I believe that the medium for this is watercolor pencils.  However, it could have been watercolor crayons.   I am sure that it is a water based medium.  

As I look at it, I think "wouldn't this be a great design for an art quilt?"  I think that raw edge applique and thread painting would be needed to create this in fabric. (Unless of course fabric paints came into play.)    

Will I do it?  Only time will tell.  If you wish to use this as a starting point for your own art quilt, you have my permission to do so.  I do ask that you credit me on it.  If you make something with this as the starting point, please share it with me.  I would love to see your work that is inspired by my art or my work.  


Until Next Time,  
Stay Creative 


Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

7 comments:

kathyinozarks said...

I love your "find" this would make a neat art quilt-someone that likes to allot of machine quilting in the background especially.
I may you this for inspiration for a watercolor-I tried last year and loved it although I am not so good at it-will let you know and credit if I do that perhaps this winter

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Nice surprise! I think you should do an art quilt - it would give you some wonderful areas to machine quilt - ;))

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

That's pretty. How small/large is it? It would make cute cards.

Pamela Arbour said...

That is nice that you came upon that. Maybe you will remember the year for documentation? I wonder how many people will try your suggestion? That would be interesting. I have been working on some long term projects and can't afford to get sidetracked but I do enjoy your work.

Barbara said...

I have a set of watercolor pencils but have never had success with them. Your piece reminds me to try again!

Frog Quilter said...

What a pretty find.

Kathleen said...

What a fun find! I did one like that, specific to a photo I took, and it was a fun thread painting exercise. I would print this on fabric and then go to town. Looking forward to seeing what you do!